Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Teaching my dictionary to be middle class

We’re going out for a team meal tonight at Zeugma Iki, a fab Turkish restaurant on London Road. I’m really looking forward to it. Not only will the existing team be there but Danielle, my charming ex-boss, and Julia, our sadly missed former marketing manager, will be joining us. This has all been arranged via e-mail over the last three months or so and today the final directions needed sending out. I dashed off a quick email which Outlook kindly ‘proof read’ for me. Apparently iki (two in Turkish), Waitrose and Primitivo were not in the standard Microsoft dictionary. They’re in mine now. At some point it would be quite interesting to analyse all the non-standard words in various people’s dictionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment